Pioneer Mixer DJM-2000 - Second Choice
The Pioneer Mixer DJM-2000 is the most powerful performance mixer and is the perfect match for the great industry-standard CDJ-2000 digital decks. With an innovative touch screen and arsenal of remixing FX, the DJM-2000 forms the ultimate club mixer. No less than six individual effects processors lay the foundation for hundreds of music manipulation combinations, so a DJ can always create their own unique sound.
The Pioneer DJM-2000 takes advanced features – thought only possible in software – and reinvents them in the physical world. Its intuitive layout will feel natural to existing Pioneer DJM users allowing creativity to flow whilst keeping its technical complexity under the skin.
The top of the range new mixer has been developed with the help of a number of international DJs. James Zabiela, Roger Sanchez, Eddie Halliwell, Tom Middleton, the Swedish House Mafia, Paul Woolford, John ‘00’ Fleming and Radio 1’s hard dance darling Kutski have all tested out the DJM-2000 at various stages of development – giving it the ultimate stamp of approval.
The DJM-2000 mixer, in conjunction with the Pioneer CD-Player CDJ-2000, offers a new performance orientated platform for the increasingly futuristic artform as the next ten years unfold.
Taking the best DNA from our other top end mixers and with other major enhancements, the DJM-2000 represents a new approach to mixing never seen before. It has effectively built in the technology of the EFX-1000, removing the need for an external effects unit along with touch screen technology from the SVM-1000.
The DJM-2000 is the world’s most complete and creative DJ mixer. It’s the essential mixer to get the most from the new CDJ-2000, and offers amazing new creative possibilities.
The ProDJ Link function makes it easy to switch over from one DJ to the next. By connecting up to 4 CDJ-2000s / CDJ-900s via LAN cable into the mixer and two laptops running rekordbox via USB In, the DJs can share music libraries across all decks.
The Mixer DJM-2000 also excels with its functionality. While inheriting the basic layout of their club standard DJM series, we have come up with a larger interface positioned perfectly in the middle of the mixer. The very first 5.8” large LCD multi-touch panel allows the DJ to use touch panel effects whilst checking them visually. It also comes with beat effect and INST FX functions, which means the DJ can alter the sound spontaneously without having to connect to multiple devices – allowing for a more flexible and unique performance.
Another highlight of the INST effects is that they are available individually on each of the four channels. They offer more accurate control of filters, and the Hi Mid and Low EQ on each channel can be switched to make them Isolators – giving the DJ more choice.
The Pioneer CDJ-2000 and CDJ-900’s HID control of DJ software allows virtual decks to be manipulated without time-code vinyl, and now the DJM-2000 further simplifies connectivity directly to your Mac or PC by having a soundcard built in.
Just as clubs and professional DJs are upgrading to CDJ-2000s, the new DJM-2000 completes the setup, offering a new reliable platform for creative DJ mixing at the highest level.
• Interface layout allows more originality in arranging music: We have laid out the interface in the centre of the mixer to give intuitive performance. DJs can add arrangements to music by not just rotary control, but via Tap and the new Trace method within the three Effect sections. Plus, the three Effect sections can be used in combination, giving the DJ all the more scope for original arrangements.
• 5.8 inch Full-Colour, Multi-touch Display
• Three Performance Modes: We have added three kinds of performance modes: the Frequency Mix enables a more precise music mix, the Sidechain Remix has seven kinds of dynamic effects, and the four types of MIDI mode allow the DJ to use a computer - making every DJing scenario possible. The unique new EQ cross fader takes frequency mixing to a whole new level.
• Evolved Beat Effects manipulate every frequency and alter sound to the beat: The Pioneer DJM-2000 is also equipped with an evolved Beat Effect, a highly acclaimed function of the DJM series. Effect Frequency allows the DJ to control the level of effects to add to each frequency band, so an echo can be added just to the vocals, or the hi-hat rhythm can be doubled, providing flexibility to perform like never before. Physical buttons have also been added for selecting effects and beats, making it possible to jump between different measures instantly.
• 6 INST FX on every channel with rotary control: The DJM-2000 also boasts six kinds of effects (Noise, HPF, LPF, JET, ZIP & Crush), with an HP and LP Filter knob for each channel. The Parameter knob allows for fine-tuning of each effect. Innovative effects such as Noise (a white noise generator) when combined with new beat effects such as Gate, Slip Roll or Multi-Tap instantly unveil powerful remixing possibilities.
• Connect 4 CDJ-900/2000 and 2 rekordbox laptops via ProDJ Link
• Internal USB Audio/Midi Interface
• High-quality Sound Design Achieves Ideal Club Sound: The DJM-2000 uses a balanced output amp and its completely discrete structure allows the sound quality in each bandwidth to be adjusted. We pursued the ideal club sound by painstakingly creating a sound down to the very details of how sound resonates. By using a high fidelity, balanced hybrid op-amp and a perfectly balanced output circuit in the analogue processing, they achieved a reduction in noise with a dynamic range of 107dB with 0.004%THD, providing a clear, powerful sound.
• Isolator EQ on every channel
• A digital IN on each channel permits input of an audio signal with no deterioration in sound quality
• Connection with a CDJ-900/CDJ-2000 with ProDJ Link or Control Cable will allow the player to start playing music by switching faders (“Fader Start Play”)
• A Talkover function lowers the volume of the music when there is input from the Mic
• All channels are equipped with a Peak Level Meter for checking the input levels at a glance of the sources being input to each channel
• Our Crossfader Assign function allows the flexible assignment of the input on each channel to the crossfader
• A Fader Curve Adjust function allows changes to crossfader and channel fader curves
• Number of Channels: Audio x4, Mic x1
• Power consumption: 42 W
• Headroom: 19dB
• Sampling Rate: 96kHz
• A/D, D/A Converter: 24bit, 32bit
• Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
• Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.004% or less
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 107 dB (LINE)
• INPUT TERMINALS
- CD / LINE x 6 (RCA)
- PHONO x 2 (RCA)
- DIGITAL IN x 4 (RCA)
- MIC x 1 (On top, XLR and ¼-inch general purpose PHONE x1
• Dimensions: 16.9in(W) x 16.1in(D) x 4.3in(H)
• Weight: 8,5 kg
Second choice articles are demonstration devices or samples. Its possible that the packaging is either damaged or completely missing. Apart from that some of these articles have small optical defects (traces of use). They do not have any effect on the operativeness of the product.
Detailed information can be found here.
Ask a question about this article
Do you have any questions regarding this item?