Beyerdynamic Headphone DT880 PRO
The Beyerdynamic DT 880 PRO is a reference-class, semi-open studio headphone which combines all strengths of open, transparent headphones with those of more powerful, closed headphones. Specially designed housings and an improved system equalisation turn this “remake” of the studio classic DT 880 PRO into an ideal studio monitoring headphone, with analytical qualities. Soft ear pads and adjustable, sliding, earpieces together with a single sided connecting cable ensure listening comfort during extended periods of use.
• Semi-open, diffuse-field studio headphone
• Analytical sound
• Comfortable fit due to rugged, adjustable, soft padded headband construction
• Robust, easy serviceable construction as all parts are replaceable
• Single-sided cable
• Velour, circumaural ear pads
• Supplied in a carrying case (nylon)
Difference between DT 880 PRO - DT 880 (Edition 2005):
The DT 880 PRO is designed for use in studio and on stage for professional use. The headband has a rugged construction (thicker material) and gives a secure fit for the listener. This provides a better fit and causes also a more powerful compressed sound which is necessary for professional applications in studio, OB and FOH.
The DT 880 (Edition 2005) is designed for listening to music and relax. The headband provides a long wearing comfort for hours. The Hifi-version has a more transparent and open sound than the DT 880 PRO.
The differences between both headphones are not huge in mechanical design, but only that small change causes a big difference in sound and application.
• Transmission type: Wired
• Impedance headphones: 250 ohms
• Frequency response: 5 - 35.000 Hz
• Construction: Circumaural (around the ear)
• Cable & plug for headphones/headsets: Coiled connecting cable with mini-jack plug (3.5 mm) & ¼“ adapter (6.35 mm)
• Net weight without packaging: 295 g
Item Ratings for this item:
Ask a question about this article
Do you have any questions regarding this item?